Definition of Benefit:
Noun: An advantage or profit gained from something
Are you unsure what benefits you can afford to offer to your employees? Or looking for ways to make your current packages more competitive, and increase employee retention? As your health insurance broker, we can help you structure a plan that will keep your workers happy, but keep your bottom line healthy too.
Sometimes employees don’t see their health insurance as a benefit because they see it as a cost vs. an advantage. At Playa Vista Insurance Services we make it our goal for every employer and each of their employees to understand why their employer sponsored health insurance plan truly is a benefit.
Here are some reasons why employer sponsored plans are a true benefit to the employees:
- Most plans have the contributions taken out pre-taxed. That means the cost to the employee comes out before income tax, making it look like they made less money therefore creating lower income taxes.
- No bills. Most employee benefits payroll deductions are taken out of payroll, so no premium bills are sent to the home and employees don’t have to worry about forgetting to make a payment and lose coverage.
- Employees have ongoing opportunities to learn more about their coverage through their employers at open enrollment meetings, with ongoing employer communications throughout the year, wellness campaigns and health fairs.
PVIS is ready to assist you in educating your employees about their current benefits, and making the most of the packages offered to them. Benefits often offered through an employer sponsored plan may include:
- Medical – HMOs, EPOs, POS, PPOs, CDHPs, HRAs and HSAs and Limited Medical Plans
- Dental – HMOs and PPOs
- Vision – PPOs
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Group Term Life
- Group Voluntary Life
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Supplemental – Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident
- Section 125 – Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent care)
- Travel Accident
- Legal Assistance
- Executive Benefits
- International Benefits
Whether you offer all of the above benefits, or are interested in exploring which you can add to your current coverages, we are here to help.